Clothes for Full Figured Women
A Few Clothing Tips for Tall, Full-Figured Women. This guide is for women who are:
- Over 5'10"
- Size Example: 28+
- Hip or mid-thigh length jackets
- Duster coats
- Long cardigans
- Skirts with medium length hems
- Pants and shirts should taper slightly rather than flare out
- Shoes with a heel
- Narrow metal belt
- Three quarter length jacket
- Boxy tweed jacket
- Flat front pants
- Pointy toe shoes
- Loose fitting wrap shirts
- Wide leg trousers (see Fabrics)
- Tops with wider necklines
- Skirts & Dresses with handkerchief hems
- JEANS: Boot-Cut
- Simple, soft draping, batwing or dolman sleeve effects
- Small or muted patterns
- Large prints
- Mid-weight fabric (wide leg pants)
- Diagonal, variesated stripes
- Dark or subdued colors
- Outfits of all one color/pattern
- Make sure that clothing fits well.
- Closely fitted shoulder.
- De-emphasize the top-heavy figure by wearing simple, uncluttered styling for blouses, tops and jackets.
- Boxy tweed jackets accomodates heavier midsections.
- Pair dark tops with slightly lighter bottoms.
- Loose fitting wrap shirts deemphasizes the stomache
- Tops with wider necklines brings attention up to the face
- Diagonal, variesated stripes balances the torso and bottom half.
- Pair pointy toe shoes with ankle straps.
- Black, navy, & brown if it calls attention to your heaviness by being out of season
- Skintight clothing
- Overly loose clothing
- Front-pleated pants
- Pleated or dirndl skirts
- Pockets, neck/collar details, ruffles, pleats, gathers, tucks.
- Breast pockets
- Bulky items
- Clothing that are too tight, full, or short
- Large details- Bows, Big Sleeves, Big Collars, etc.
- Ballet Flats
- Heavy leather belts
- Bolero and scarf jacket
- Heavy chunky shoes
- Ultra-pointy toed stiletto heels
- Small prints
- Pairing large accessories with large prints
- Long/Ankle-Length skirts
FUNFASH SLIMMING GREEN BLACK COLOR BLOCK MAXI DRESS WOMEN Plus Size 1X XL 16 Made in USA
You might also like:
A good place to buy clothes if you are curvy?2005-07-29 12:22:09 by le_anon
I dont mean plus sized or full-figured, but curvy: hourglass figure, small waist but large hips and big bust.
Most of the clothes I see (at least in the Bay Area) are either for very thin women or very large women. Nothing for me.
Does anyone know of good places to buy clothes for hourglass figures? A good brand of jeans?
Your Plus-Size Pregnancy: The Ultimate Guide for the Full-Figured Expectant Mom
Book (Barricade Books)
70's Disco Gold Full - Figured Costume (18-22)
Apparel (Forum Novelties, Inc.)
Clearance Sale Plus Size Women's Glamorous Designer Black Blouse Size 6x
Single Detail Page Misc (Shoushockie)
Yoga: Just My Size With Megan Garcia
DVD (Wellspring Media)