Clothing for Petite Curvy Women
A Few Clothing Tips for Petite, Curvy Women. This guide is for women who are:
- Under 5'4"
- Size Example: 6/8
If you are a Petite, curvaceous woman the overall goal when selecting clothing is to elongate your body. To do this, there are some things you have to do and avoid.
Wrap dress (see fabrics)
One Button jackets
Mid-width straight trouser
Dark sweaters with contrasting waist band
Soft leather loafers
Halter necks (see fabrics)
Long straight ankle-length skirts
Straight pants that cover your shoes
Medium-length, double-breasted suit
JEANS: Boot-Cut, Baggy, Low Rise
- Cotton or Nylon jersey (wrap dress)
- Vertical stripes
- Duchess satin
- Thin knits with vertical ruching
- Seamed bustline (halter necks)
- Patterned Clothing
- crepe, linen or wool jersey
- Patterned Clothing (Vertical Lines) - Just one or two lines
- High heels will elongate your legs - Be aware of clunky heels, they may have the opposite effect
- Wear thermal underwear that fits like a glove in Winter
- If you have a small waist and large hips, wear shaped tops that flow over the waist
- Thin fabrics like crepe, linen or wool jersey will flow over problem areas
- Medium-length, double-breasted suit (Helps to disguise big chest and hips)
- A-line dress and matching coat (Hides waist/hips)
- A single-button jacket with long pants has an overall slenderizing effect
- Single-button jacket with slightly longer lapel.
- To elongate legs, wear jackets open with shirts that end at the waist.
- Layer camisole, thin knit, and jacket for a more professional, put together look.
- Jackets must mold to the curve of the hip or sit on top of the hip
- Seamed bustlines on halter necks accentuate the bust
- Try straight pants that cover your shoes.
- Wearing large belts on top of pants or skirts together with blouses of a different color
- Extra fabric around the waist makes the waist look bigger/chunkier
- Very long baggy skirts make the bottom portion look chunkier
- Thick fabric clothing adds volume
- Items with multiple vertical lines or mixing two garments with lines pattern
- Undergarments that are too small or tight will create bulges
- Do not draw attention to an asset if it exposes a bad one - Example: If you have a small waist and large hips wearing a belt will draw attention to the difference between your waist and hips and make your hips look larger.
- Stretchy, lyrca materials that are too tight will show bulges and bumps
- Super Low-rise pants. The accent the hips & produces love handles.
- Shoes with ankle straps.
- Super high heels.
- Turtlenecks, if you have a short neck.
- Large handbags.
- Large belts on top of pants or skirts together with blouses of different color.
- Oversize clothing.
You might also like:
Disfunctional Children2012-02-10 14:45:36 by cindydonahey
This may have happened to some children, but I am not sure for what ends. They certainly would be considered mentally handicapped today. Fattening cages? This happened to Hansel and Gretel.
Supposedly, the origin of most of the great slave rebellions, was putting children to work too early. This usually went along with total discourtesy given to their caregvier, usually an older man or woman.
Some of the waterboys were as young as three or four, but seven or eight was more usual. Girls could bring water to people working with mixed sexes.
Slaves from Africa (Geortge Washington's mother was descended from people who came from temperate zone mountainsides in tropical Africa, who were brought originally as slaves) spoke many different languages, had different toileting,...
Style&co. Plus Size Jeans, Skinny Curvy (22 Plus Petite, Black)