Design your own clothes for kids
- Make sure that this is something you'll stick to. It will be a waste to buy stuff and not use it.
- Take art classes to help with the drawing of base models.
- Ask for help from someone with more experience.
- Take accurate measurements of the person that will be wearing your design.
- Think about the texture and fabric and if it will be a strong, durable, non-shrinking fabric.
- Don't invest in a big purchase like a sewing machine if you've never used one, or are only making a single garment. Just borrow one from a friend or family member.
- find colors that look great together like zebra and brownish tan or black or white with a bright pink or blue
- Look on Google different designers for ideas and inspiration.
- Make sure you have enough material for your outfit.
- Be cautious with sharp and hot tools, such as scissors, needles or an iron.
Splendid Convertible Sleeve Patch Pocket Maternity Shirt
You might also like:
Build your own costume2008-09-22 04:44:15 by jarsis
One thing we are trying this year at our 4-H Halloween party is a Build Your Own Costume contest. We have asked people to bring along random objects and clothes/etc that would normally be going to a rummage sale. We will place all items on a table, and let the kids rummage through to "design" their own costumes. We plan on giving prizes for most humorous and most creative.
Miss Me Juniors Floral Boot Cut Jean, Medium Blue, 31
Apparel (Miss Me)
ADRIANNA PAPELL Lace Pleated Maternity Dress
High Fashion Sewing Secrets from the World's Best Designers: A Step-By-Step Guide to Sewing Stylish Seams, Buttonholes, Pockets, Collars, Hems, And More (Rodale Sewing Book)
Book (Rodale Books)